This Training Resource takes you step-by-step through building partnerships with business and industry in your community.
- How do you start a partnership with local school-based out-of-school programs and STEM-based informal science institutions?
Community Partners can play an important role in your program. Learn how to utilize business and industry partners to extend and strengthen your STEM programming.
- Be supportive of guest speakers, presenters and other community partners.
- Seek out and invite other community partners to find ways to engage in your program.
- Know your program’s mission or goal and find partners whose mission or goal aligns with yours.
- Look for STEM-rich institutions (zoos, museums, botanical gardens, parks, etc.) and STEM businesses or industries to partner with. Many of these organizations will have an outreach requirement and can provide programming in out-of-school time.
Professional Development Resources
Building RelationshipsCategory: Training Resources1 hour, 30 minutes
Support STEM-rich PartnersCategory: Training Resources
Check out this Training guide with strategies to support and develop STEM-rich partnerships.1 hour, 30 minutes
Powerpoint for Supporting STEM-Rich PartnershipsCategory: Training Resources
Powerpoint to accompany the Training Resource.15 minutes
What are Service Learning Projects?Category: Meeting Resources
What are Service Learning Projects? Check out this Virtual meeting guide to find out more.30 minutes
Effective Strategies for Organizing PartnershipsCategory: Meeting Resources
Interested in developing your partnerships as a team? Use this Meeting guide as a framework.15 minutes
Evaluating and Improving Relationships with PartnersCategory: Meeting Resources
This Meeting guide can provide the framework for improving community partnerships.30 minutes
My Role in Supporting Community PartnersCategory: Coaching Resources
Use this one-on-one Coaching guide with frontline staff to develop their role in supporting community partners.15 minutes
How to Support Community PartnersCategory: Coaching Resources
This one-on-one Coaching resource allows for digging deeper with frontline staff in developing community partners.30 minutes